Friday, January 25, 2013

Fire in the Hole!!

previously on the Superfriends....

at the Peters/Robinson residence
*ring ring*
Brian (clumsily answers the phone): hello
Christy: hey babe, what's going on?
Brian: (wiping sleep drool of his mouth): ummm, nothing hon...
Christy: guess what?
Brian: (rubbing sleep boogers out of his eyes): what? you know how I hate guessing games!!
Christy: (sighs) I got the job as social media editor for the National Geographic Philippines Magazine...
Brian: (nervously excites) awesome, so what does th.....
Christy: don't get your panties in a wad, I can do the bulk of my work from home but I will travel to and fro to the Philippines.. how awesome is that??? I.GET.TO.TRAVEL.TO.THE.PHILIPPINES!!!!
Brian: (gulps) that is gre....
Christy: which means, you can overcome that fear of flying real quick like and we can travel together.
Brian: how long of a flight is that again?
Christy: babe, don't worry about that, gotta go, gotta post and tweet, and instagram and tumble and.....
Brian: (sheepishly) bye

at the Buck residence
Mandy: Ro, I'm tired!
Rohan: Mandy, we decided we were going to start running and exercising again!, remember?
Mandy: yes I remember! but I liked it better when you just exercised with Brian playing basketball.
Rohan: yeah, well he beats me something awful every time we play! I mean, I can't buy a shot! I missed a wide open layup the other day! I mean front rimmed it...
Mandy: well, maybe you need to just focus more!
Rohan: focus on this. (throws her running shoes at her) lets go, we have 1.5 miles today...
Mandy vomits the scrambled eggs she made for breakfast up on her sleeve

11:00am sharp
Voodoo Child is blaring through the dimly lit and dingy studio
Brian: (looks around at the empty studio except for a half empty tuna can leftover from Mandy's lunch from the previous day) man, where is everyone? Christy is still overseas, Mandy and Rohan are late.. and no sign of Troy! guess, I should check the voicemails.
(Brian is busy checking voicemails and hears Mandy's muffled voice, wheezing and tired)
Mandy: Brian (huffing and puffing,mixed in with some sniffling) not gonna make it in today, sprained my ankle today running!
Brian: (thinks to himself, Mandy running?) hmmmm...
-second voicemail-
Troy: hey dude, gonna have to bail this week, Becca had emergency appendix surgery, so I'm unavailable this week....
Brian: (mental note to call Troy and offer sympathies)
-third voicemail-
Travis Vidaurri: (side note, Travis is Mandy's brother-in-law) hey, bro, wanna grab some lunch today! I'll even drive to you! call me back...
Brian: (light bulb goes off over Brian's head) let me give ol' Travis a call here... (dialing Travis's cell)
*ring ring*
Travis: hello
Brian: hey man, lets do lunch and maybe you can help me out on the show today?
Travis: what show?
Brian: the Superfriends radio show! 93.8fm the Superfriends!!
Travis: Mandy said that was fake!
Brian: don't worry about that, come on it will be fun!
Travis: what about lunch?
Brian: I like Wingstop!
Travis: ummm ok, what kind?
Brian: don't be so confrontational, they're wings... come on, the shows starts in 10 minutes!
Travis: but what....
Brian: (dialtone) ok, welcome everyone to another award winning edition of the Superfriends.........


next time on the Superfriends, does Mandy's ankle heal? does Christy's plane ever leave the Philippines? does Troy hold down the fort with Becca on the shelf? does Travis heave to and trice up as fill-in on the show? join us next time and we try to answer all these questions plus the ones we haven't come up with yet....

rate me, debate me!

No comments: