Monday, November 13, 2017

Whiskey River On My Mind

previously on the Superfriends:

at the Peters/Robinson residence
Brian: sweetie, have you mailed Mandy her birthday card yet?
Christy: not yet!
Brian: well, it's November 13 already....
Christy: ok, well remind me.
Brian: I thought that what was I was doi.......
Christy is vigorously washing and coloring her hair.

at the Pegues/Buck estate
Rohan: Mandy!! do we have to see Willie Nelson again this weekend?
Mandy: what?? you love Willie...
Rohan: I do but man, he talk sing his songs so.
Mandy: ugh
Rohan: plus, I don't like people being all up on me...
Mandy: Brian will be there!
Rohan: I'm there.......


Voodoo Child is strumming through the Superfriends studio
*dead air*
Mandy and Christy are looking around not knowing what to do, or say.
Troy is 10 minutes deep into a mid-day nap..
Mandy whispers: where is Brian?
Christy: last I heard or saw was he was posting about the Cowboys loss to Facebook.
Mandy: good grief..
Troy awakens from his slumber and notifies the crew that Brian has taken a personal day.
Mandy: a personal day?? what does that mean?
Christy: smh, he must be sore because the Cowboys lost.
Troy: it means he won't be here and ya'll are running the show AND I have a round of golf to play..
Mandy: run this big boy!! (gives Troy the 1 finger slaute)'
Christy: lets all act mature here ok, we'll be fine!
Mandy: he started it!
Christy smacks her head...

Christy runs down the show today. Thanksgiving Day recipes, Fixer Upper star Chip Gaines via telephone, and Mandy's half-minute.
Mandy: wait a minute! half-minute??
Christy explains: well, Brian said to declining segment ratings we had to cut the time in half!
Mandy schlumps in her chair
Christy expounds on the intricate details of how to properly make cornbread dressing for Thanksgiving..
Mandy eagerly awaits her turn for her half-minute segment
Mandy: ok, so in......
ring ring, ring ring...
Christy answers the Superfriends hot-line
on the other end is an excited happy caller
Christy: caller go ahead!
caller, in an exuberant girl voice: I'm back baby and there's nothing ya'll can do about it.
Christy: that's my man!
Mandy; so basically I'm not getting to do my segment?
Brian with a very hoarse voice: I've secured a radio deal to extend the Superfriends show for another 5 years!
Christy is seen mouth-cussing under her breath.
Mandy is dumbfounded yet excited because she will supposedly get to do her Mandy's minute.
Troy gets a text from Brian with the good news and promptly drives his golf cart into the 9th hole pond.
Rohan is ignoring any and all texts and instead is listening to his June concert videos of Metallica.

what does this mean for the future of the Superfriends? Will Christy get her mouth washed out with soap? Will Mandy get to reprise her segment? Is Troy ok after his golfcart fiasco? All that and much more next time on 93.8 the Superfriends.


No comments: