Sunday, January 29, 2017

Enter Sandman

previously on the Superfriends-

at the Peters/Robinson residence:
Brian: hey babe, what do you have planned for today?
Christy: just a little of this and a little of that.
Brian wonders what that means
Christy: what do you have planned?
Brian: I don't know, what do you want to do?
Christy: ugh, I'm gonna go work out.
Brian: can I come with you?
Christy: you gonna do some cardio?
Brian: ...........

Voodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix  is strumming through he Superfriends studio.
Mandy: hold up, hold up. I would like to restart the show!

Loco-motion by Australia's Kylie Minogue screeches through the Superfriends studio
Mandy: that's better! I'm here twisting and tweaking basically running this darn thing today.

*aside*
Brian has been suspended for a week due to overt and controversial political  social media posts.
Troy is boycotting said suspension of Brian.
Christy is trapesing higher and yon throughout Southeast Asia.

*aside over*

Mandy: today on the show, I have a few guest hosts. My sister Rachel, who will bestow her knowledge of all things google and my loving mother Jonell, who will edify us on her recipe of "ding do..." I mean hostess cake. We'll also go to the phones for fantastical fun with phones.
Rachel: Mandy, is where I come in?
Mandy: ugh, Rachel, we went over this in the per-show meeting, I'll point to you and then you speak!
Rachel: pre-show meeting? You said come early and bring whataburger breakfast burritos.
Mandy: ugh!
Jonell: Jesus loves you!
Mandy: momma, not yet, I, suppose to point!
Jonell: pointing is rude....
Mandy: well, that's what Brian does to me letting me know when to speak.
Rachel: anyways, can we get to my google spot here.
Mandy: O Rachel, I just said that so you would come help me, I can't do this alone!
Rachel: you mean you don't need all this info and data that I researched? Wait, isn't this show fake anyways?
Jonell: Mary Amanda Pegues Buck, you be nice to your sister and no pointing!
Mandy: but, Bria......
Jonell: no buts here young lady.....
the studio phone rings- *ring ring*

Mandy: yes caller, go ahead!
Caller: (in a high pitched yet scruffy voice) my name is Briana
Mandy: wait a min....
Jonell: Mandy, don't be rude, caller go ahead...
Briana: can I read the Rangers box score?
Mandy: BRIAN!!!! you're suspended remember???
Briana: (voice cracking) my name is Briana not Brian...
Jonell: Mandy, I need to run, I have my weekly bingo game down at the church about to start.
Briana: ( in a svelte man's voice) what about the ding don.... I mean hostess cake recipe?
Mandy: busted! I knew it, I knew it....
Rachel and Jonell quietly exit the studio while Mandy keeps maniacally screaming into the phone, " its you Brian, its you........"


Join us next time on 93.8 the Superfriends! Will Brian be reinstated? Will Troy end his boycott? Will Christy regail us with stories of her southeast Asia trip? All that and much more......

No comments: