Monday, January 2, 2017

Masterpiece Theatre

previously on the Superfriends-

Mandy giddily shouts to Rohan, " I finally have a sponsor for 5k I'm putting on!"
Rohan: oh yeah! Is this for that stupid fake radio show?
Mandy looking confused answers: yes.....
Rohan: I'm going deer hunting.
Mandy contemplates telling her beau who the sponsor is but decides to wait so she can announce on the show.

Voodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix wafts energetically throughout the studio
Brian introduces the crew: to my right your left my beautiful wife, producer of all things Superfriends, Christy. (Mandy is seen pointing to her right and left in a confused state) technically directing is my mister from another sister, Troy, and finally playing second fiddle, Robin to my Batman, Mandy.
Christy: can we get on with things? I have things to do, places to be.
Brian: hon, it's just a rerack of our famous crew.
Mandy: we're famous?
Troy has already turned on Sportscenter and turned off his mic.

Brian: on he show today we'll discuss all things Cowboys, our Christmas holiday vacation and Mandy has a big announcement.
Christy: do we have to discuss the Cowboys? ITS SO BORING!
Mandy claps uncontrollably in agreement with Christy.
Brian: babe, you can cut out early if you like.
Christy is halfway out the building as her chair swivels in delight.
Brian looks on with sad face.
Troy is slumped over asleep with remote in hand.

As Brian and Mandy finish up their holiday vacation talk, Mandy is ready for her announcement.
Brian: ok Mandy, you ready?
Mandy: yes finally. I have my whole family listening!
Brian: really?
Mandy: well, just my mama. Ro is deer hunting, Rachel is raising three kids, and Travis cuffing and stuffing bad people.
Brian: well, we're waiting...
Mandy: my big sponsor for my Superfriends 5k is (muffled sounds come from Mandy's microphone)
Brian: could you repeat that please.
Mandy: what happened? I practiced this at least 10 times.
Brian looks over at her microphone and sees Troy in his stupor has accidentally turned down her volume on the mic....
Mandy: (in full throat) TROY!!!
Troy awakens hastily and gets ina fitting stance not knowing what he has done.
Brian: Mandy, it's been fixed, go ahead.
Mandy: drum roll please-
Brian looks around and decides to make drum noises with his mouth/lips
Mandy: Today, January 2, 2017 my official sponsor for the annual Superfriends 5k is Starkist Tuna!
Brian looks on in admiration
Mandy: well, after all these years, I kind of like tuna. Starkist will be handing out a year supply of tuna to the runner with the best time.
Brian: ok, when is the date for this exciting 5k?
Mandy: you mean, I have to come up with the date too??

Join us next time as we see if Mandy has come up with a date for the race. Why did Troy awaken ina fighting stance? Will Christy be back? Will Brian help his diminuative friend with a race date? All this and more next time in 93.8 the Superfriends....

No comments: