Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Homage to a Friend!

previously on the Superfriends:

Christy: ok, Brian, tomorrow is Mandy's birthday.
Brian: so, I guess we need to get her some kind of gift?
Christy: yes, I was thinking of something she could use, not a gift card.
Brian: I bet she needs another bucket of tuna!
Christy: ummm no, probably not..
Brian: How about State Fair tickets?
Christy: how about some perfume and something from Sam Moon?
Brian: tuna is cheaper!

8:45 a.m. preshow meeting
Christy: ok guys, I have an idea on how to celebrate Mandy's birthday!
Brian: I thought we did that yesterday?
Christy: no, we bought her gifts yesterday. (smacks forehead)
Rohan: well, I already did the flower thing and I plan on taking her out to her favorite restaurant.
Brian: (leans over to Rohan) don't take her anywhere they serve tuna.
Troy: *giggles*
Christy: Brian, did you get her tuna after I explicity told you not too?
Brian: what, she likes it!
Troy: (seen taking the gift of tuna that he bought for Mandy and putting it under his desk)
Christy: ok ok, does everyone understand the plan?
crew: yes!

blasting through the airwaves welcoming the Superfriends is The Hokey Pokey by Al Tabor.
Christy: (fuming) why was Hillsong United not played? (looking around)
Brian: ummm, er, well, I told Troy to press play.
Troy: dude, you said this was better and to play.............
Brian: what my good friend meant to say was.............
Christy: we'll discuss this later!
Rohan: hey cool song, but not the one we planned on.
Christy: sorry Ro, my hubby thought this would be funny.
Rohan: well it wasn't!!
Mandy: (getting settled in her chair) hey guys, I'm digging the new song.
Brian: (sticks his tongue out a Christy)
Christy: well, we have a awesome show today!
Brian: yes we do. we'll be talking all things Cowboys, Stars and OU/UT weekend.
Troy: plus, we have some great news.
Christy: tap the brakes my little rotund friend. we don't want to let the cat out of the bag!
Troy: what cat? I'm talking about the triatholon that I will be training for.
Mandy: (guffaw, snort, laugh, teetee) you train?
Brian: well actually, I'll be training with him!
Rohan: (looks on enviously)
Christy: well that is great and all but I'm talking about a special birthday amongst the crew.
Mandy: (clapping uncontrollably)
Brian: Christy, I bought the candles and the fire extinguisher. (hi-fives Troy)
Mandy: well, if that was a joke, and I don't know if it was, it was not funny. plus, you're older than me anyways!
Rohan: this has broken down into a cluster...
Christy throws it to a commercial break and unleashes something awful on Brian and Troy.
Brian and Troy looked on horrified at what Christy is saying to them. Brian and Troy mingle to each other that they didn't know Christy knew such foul language.

*back from break*
Brian: hey guys, we have a special caller on the Whataburger "thats how you like it" guest hotline. caller go ahead!
caller: (in a very heavy southern accent) happy birthday to my beautiful daughter, Mandy!
Mandy: awwwww momma, thank you very much!
caller: I just wanted to wish a very happy birthday and see if you wanted to come over and eat some dingdong cake?
Rohan: (butts in) we'll be there! what time?
Mandy: momma, I'll be over after the show. bye!
caller: Jesus loves you!
Brian: very cool, I love dingdong cake as well.
Christy: well hon, you have some triatholon training remember?
Brian: (schlumps shoulders)
Rohan: lets get to the gifts shall we...
Brian: wait! I had a story about the big OU vs. UT game this weekend.
Christy: well it is gift time for Mandy! go share your story with Troy! (hi-fives Mandy)
Rohan: (lugs the gifts in)

Mandy: (destroys any and all wrapping paper) oh looky, I have some perfume and tube socks! thanks Christy!
and I got the complete Seinfeld box set and the Dirty Dancing behind the Scenes DVD! thanks Rohan!
Brian: (comes running in slopping tuna everywhere) here ya go Mandy! a fresh bucket of tuna!
Mandy: umm thanks... I'll put it in the fridge next to last years bucket.
*thud*
crew rushes out to what the commotion is.
Troy is laying butt up covered in tuna.
Brian: dude, beat you, I already gave it to her.
Rohan: lets go Mandy, it is time to celebrate your birthday and go eat some dingdong cake!
Christy catches a ride with Rohan and Mandy while Brian and Troy clean up the tuna.

*Station Announcement* From all of us here at the Superfriends, we would like to congratulate Mandy on her 35th birthday.

movie fone guy: join us next time as we recap Mandy's halfway to 70 birthday! did Brian clean up the tuna in time to meet up Rohan/Mandy/Christy? is Troy recovered from his tuna mishap? all these questions and more will be answered next time on 93.8 the Superfriends!

No comments: