Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Lovey Dovey!

Welcome. I recently celebrated my 33rd birthday and everything went off without a hitch, except for the things I didn't get. I won't belabour that point but fun was had by all. I got the usual ties and man candles but I do want to highlight one gift I did recieve. My beautiful female fiance showered me with love and gave me a true gift. I recieved a burned cd of Bryan Adams songs. Now, for the unintelligent, Adams is a true 80's ballad icon. So, instead of listening to rap and the occassional Metallica song, I have now turned my attention to the soft tongued love songs. It is much more conducive to getting in that right frame of mind. It also clears the head of any and all negative thoughts. It also makes me think of my sweet kumquat named Christy. In the truest sense of the word, these songs are sappy and cheesy, but they have more depth and meaning than the "whisper song" by the Ying Yang Twins.
Along with the love cd's, my irresistible sugar gave me a cookie cake instead of the traditional birthday cake. I loves me some cookie cake. Christy knows the way to my heart and it starts with food. I digress.
I am now 33, halfway to 66. In no way is this the downside of my life. I look at it as I have only lived one-third of my life. My birthday has come and gone but not with a whimper but a mighty hand. I realize that life is meant to be taken one day at a time. I want to take my days with Christy.
Guys can be gushy and mushy when it comes to love and emotions and not looked down upon. Personally, I like mushy. I like mushy movies, songs and talk. I think sometimes I have mastered the art of mushy talk but that is neither here nor there.
So for all the guys out there, go mushy.
Next Week: I will recap the week that was and preview the week ahead. So stay grounded and love all.

P.S. Love is meant to be, you have to go get it.
P.S. #2 I got it!

1 comment:

Ty said...

Happy Belated Birthday BRIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post dripped of love.