Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Call of Ktulu

*station announcement*
my inbox is overflowing with questions and hate about what my blog titles mean. well if you were smart and or read some, you would know that these are Metallica song titles. thank you for your query.

previously on the Superfriends:

Peters/Robinson car trip to work:
Brian: (listening to rock) Hey babe, guess who this is?
Christy: (looking severely uninterested) I don't know, someone boring.
Brian: (sad puppy dog look) boring, they aren't boring, guess?
Christy: ummm, the one-armed drummer band.
Brian: (looks on confused) noooooo!
Christy: ummm, don't have a clue!
Brian: it is Metallica. how can you not know that, they have been around almost 28 years!
Christy: so, McDonalds has been around forever too and they suck!
Brian: but..... well..... nevermind!

no preshow meeting

Brian: welcome back to the show, in case you missed the interview with Kevin Von Erich, you can download it from our website once we get one.
today is the last day of vacations for the rest of our crew. to update everyone, Mandy and Christy went to the Big Bend State Park, and the guys all went hunting. don't know where and don't care!
lets take some calls shall we.
caller you are on the air.
caller: hey man, when will everyone be back? the shows are not the same!
Brian: well, like I said earlier, if you were listening. they will be back tomorrow.
next caller, you are on the air
next caller: hey Brian, first time caller here. what are these shows suppose to be about anyways?
Brian: well thanks for the call. these shows are suppose to be about sports and all that that implies. thanks for the call and keep listening.
looks like we have someone on the Whataburger hotline.
hotline caller go ahead.
hotline caller: hey bud, it is me Troy. I'm calling you from Africa.
Brian: wow really! you calling collect?
hotline caller: no..... I'm calling on the hotline, it is metro right?
Brian: should be, Christy set it up.
hotline caller: so, what is going on?
Brian: well I'm running the ship today, everyone is on a short sabbatical.
hotline caller: o ok, when they come back?
Brian: dammit, doesn't anyone listen to the show!
hotline caller: well I better go, a baboon is threatening the tent area again.
Brian: fine leave me in my time of need.
hotline caller: (muffling noise is heard)
Brian: wimp!

next up we will take a poll on who is better, Metallica (the kings of metal) or a defunct band called Guns N' Roses.
ok, here we go.
caller: GNR!
Brian: ok well GNR is up 1-0 but it is still early.
caller: GNR baby!
caller: GNR brutha!
Brian: ok ok, I see what is going on. I need to inform all the listeners of what songs were sung and by whom.
Metallica has awesome hits that include: Master of Puppets, Kill Em All and Enter Sandman.
GNR has one hit wonders: Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child of Mine and the clunker Patience.
onto some of your calls.
caller: Metallica.
Brian: now we talking.
caller: GNR!
caller: Metallica!
Brian: it is 4-2 GNR. still too early to tell.
caller: GNR.
caller: GNR
Brian: well I can see some of you are biased and I will not particpate in this mockery of a poll.
I declare Metallica the winner.
caller: thats not fair..........................
Brian: sorry about that, the poll is now closed.

(looking around the studio, empitness is felt)

Brian: well we only have 3 more hours to go before I am done here.
lets take some more calls.
caller: how can Metallica win.............
Brian: woops bad reception there call us back when you get a new cell phone.
looks like we have another caller into the hotline.
hotline caller: Brian, do you need me to bring some food to you?
Brian: grandma, that would be great!
hotline caller: ok, I'll be............
Brian: bye grandma!
next up we will read the boxscore from the Rangers game last night.
(boxscore music is being played)

Brian: (looks out into the studio) hey the cleaning crew is here, maybe I can ask them a few questions....
(grabs the wireless mic) excuse me, excuse me, can i ask you a few questions?
cleaning crew: no speaka espanol! (leaves in a huff)
Brian: well that was uncomfortable.
lets go to break. (looks around the empty studio again)

Brian: ok we are back and it looks like we have some visitors.
(Mandy and Christy are back early from their trip)
Brian: (runs to give Christy a big man hug and knocks over an unsuspecting Mandy in the process)
Mandy: heyyyyyy!, what tha.......
Brian: hey baby!
Christy: hey Brian, how are you?
Brian: o I'm fine! not been lonely at all!
Mandy: she didn't ask that?
Brian: (gives Mandy the stank eye)
Christy: so how has the show gone?
Mandy: why are there Taco Beuno wrappers everywhere?
Christy: and Dr. Pepper cans strewn about?
Brian: hey, listen, I have been here all by myself for a very long time, with no food to eat and an empty studio to keep me warm at night.
Mandy: (looks on confused)
Christy: babe, have you not showered since I left?
Brian: I rinsed!
Christy: well lets finish the show for you while you go home and shower and take a nap.
Mandy: good lord, this place doesn't look like it has been cleaned since we left!!!
Brian: I'll leave on one condition!
Mandy: what is that?
Brian: not talking to you Mandy. Christy will you make me some tea when you get home?
Christy: yes dear!
Mandy: isn't is cold brew?
Christy: just nod Mandy and smile.
Brian: (leaves the studio and is seen happily going home to take a shower and get ready for Christy to come home and make tea)
Mandy/Christy: wax on about their trip to Big Bend to finish out the show.

(in the parking lot, Rohan/Trey and the Blowhards are seen getting out of their car, returning from their trip)

at the Peters/Robinson residence
Brian is happy and welcoming the home for Christy

moviefone guy: join us next time on 93.8 the Superfriends as we discuss the trips and Brian's sole running of the show.
will things return to normal? what is normal?

No comments: