Saturday, February 21, 2009

Fun with the Elderly

belated blog due to the July 4th celebration

co-hosts Brian and Mandy with selected few crew members of the Superfriends are off on drydock for vacationary purposes. Filling in for the crew: replacing co-host Brian will be his sainted Grandmother, filling in for co-host Mandy will be the matriarch of the Pegues, Mama Pegues and finally filling in for SweetSweet Christy, handling the techincal directing will be Mrs. Robinson aka. Mom.
*patron* Troy will still produce the show with help from new intern *cowboy* Trey.
with out further ado, I present to you a new belated holiday edition of the Superfriends.

blaring throughout the studio, Amazing Grace can be heard. immediately the phones are ringing off the hook, questioning the choice of music. an outcry can be heard for Voodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix. Grandma can be overheard sighing and Mama Pegues utters we will not be playing devil music. Mom Robinson giggles.

Grandma: on with todays show. today we will be talking about the joys of parenting, fried foods and merits of spoons vs. forks.
Mama Pegues: I like spoons b/c it brings friends and families together not only for food but games as well.
Mom Robinson: (waving frantically) interjecting, I won the last game of spoons.
Grandma: I'm too tired and worn out to play spoons let alone discuss it. where is my Dr. Pepper?
Mama Pegues: (looking over Mom Robinson's way) I would have won if not for your product of a child, Christy snatching that spoon out of my hand.
Grandma: (guzzle guzzle from the can of Dr. Pepper)
Mama Pegues: onto our next topic, fried foods.
Grandma: (rudely interrupts) I keep an old can of grease under the sink, wanna see?
Mom Robinson: I keep mine in my purse.
Mama Pegues: says eveyone is going to die young due to too much grease intake. instead I'm gonna make my delicious and famous ding dong cake.
Grandma: licks her lips and says she has extra butter if needed.
Mom Robinson throws it to break and plays Jesus Loves Me!
Mama Pegues: well after all the baking and whatnot, lets discuss parenting.
*patron* Troy thinks they are about to pontificate on the hows and whys of where kids come from taps the brakes on this little topic and grants *cowboy* Trey his first comments on live radio.
*cowboy* Trey: howdy folks, I'm here to wax poetic on west Texas and the rustic nature of cowboys.
Mom Robinson: (is seen joyfully listening to *cowboy* Trey's diatribe on cowboys)
Grandma: well that is all the time we have for today! I better run, I need to put more Dr. Pepper's in the fridge.
Mama Pegues: yep, I have dishes to do, plus I have my daily-hourly bible study.
Mom Robinson: prepares the closing music, with the Oakridge Boys.
Grandma: is seen lounging in her chair, snoring!
Mama Pegues: ends the show with Jesus Loves You!

*patron* Troy quietly shuffles off to the bathroom to read the sports page.

next time on the Superfriends, we happily reunite the crew! join us as we explore hither and yon together. 93.8 The Crowsfeet.

No comments: